St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church is located at 468 Kappa Avenue South a residential street in Birmingham’s North Titusville neighborhood. According to its cornerstone it was organized in 1926 and its currently brick building was erected in May 1963 during the pastorate of the Reverend S. Pipkin. The windows are of colored glass.
Kappa Avenue is one of a small number of roads that are laid-out on a true east-west gird just west of Memorial Park. All are named with Greek letters, the north-south streets beginning with alpha and the east-west avenues continuing the series. These photos were taken on the morning of March 6, 2021.
Read this first post for more on this series on Birmingham churches and their cornerstones.