Among the several stately Gothic-revival churches erected in Birmingham in the 1940s is Brookhaven Methodist Church designed by Birmingham architect George P. Turner in 1944. The building replaced a 1925 building that burned. Both the marble cornerstone from the 1920s building and the cornerstone from the 1944 rebuilding are mounted on the church’s brick exterior.
After some decades, Brookhaven closed and the building is now used by Powderly Church of Christ.
Click on the photos below to enlarge them.
Read this first post for more on this series on Birmingham churches and their cornerstones.